UH Arts events rescheduled

Due to Hurricane Ike, some Blaffer Gallery and Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts events scheduled for the past 10 days did not take place, and have been rescheduled.

Blaffer Student Association’s semi-annual Red Block Bash, will now take place at the Blaffer Gallery and Fine Arts Building Courtyard 4-7 p.m., Wed., Oct. 1. This event gives the public a preview of exhibitions scheduled for Fall 2008. Exhibitions include Damaged Romanticism: A Mirror of Modern Emotion on view through Nov. 15 and Celebutants, Groupies, and Friends: A Photographic Legacy from the Andy Warhol Foundation on view through Oct. 18.

There will also be free refreshments, tours of Blaffer Gallery and several activities for visitors, -including a one-man puppet show performed by Bobbindoctrin Puppet Theatre and a t-shirt silkscreen station organized by DiverseWorks.

Draw Til You Drop: Mapping Texture, an art workshop led by visiting artist Francoise McAree that was originally scheduled alongside the Red Block Bash, will now take place Oct. 7.

The UH Arts Open House presented by the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center for the Arts will be held concurrently with the Red Block Bash. It’s a showcase of talented UH artists, which will include visual art, music and readings from the School of Art, School of Theatre ‘ Dance, Creative Writing Graduate Program, Moores School of Music and Blaffer Gallery.