Coldplay makes return

Coldplay and Oasis were forced to cancel their show at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in 2005 because of Hurricane Rita. But this year there’s no stopping Coldplay from performing songs from its new hit album Viva La Vida Tuesday evening at the Toyota Center. A Coldplay concert is always a memorable one because excellence is expected.

If by chance you are not familiar with Coldplay here is a little information about them. ?Coldplay, a British alternative rock band, was formed in London, England 1998. The band members include vocalist/guitarist/pianist Chris Martin, lead guitarist Jonny Buckland, bassist Guy Berryman and drummer/multi-instrumentalist Will Champion.

Coldplay is known for its Grammy-winning single, "Clocks," as well as a few other hit singles, "Yellow," "The Scientist," "Fix You" and the "Speed of Sound." Coldplay achieved worldwide success with "Yellow" and that started the introduction of Coldplay to mainstream audiences. ?Coldplay has created several albums that have become very popular.

Among those are A Rush of Blood to the Head, which was released in 2001 and X’Y released in 2004.?Other bands have attempted to duplicate Coldplay’s laid-back, smooth sound, but no one has ever been able to achieve that height.

Avid Coldplay fans would find it an insult and argue with anyone who would compare another artist to Coldplay. They believe Coldplay’s sound is so original and unique no one will be able to duplicate it. ?Tickets for Tuesday’s concert are still available through the Toyota Center box office and the venue’s Web site www.houstontoyotacenter.com/events. If you want a night of pure and unforgettable magic, a night with Coldplay is all you need.