Christmas comes early for Christian rock fans

Holidays always seem to bring out the best music from artists in every genre, and contemporary Christian music is no exception.

On Friday the Berry Center will come alive with the sounds of Casting Crowns, Avalon, Michael English, Natalie Grant, Denver and the Mile High Orchestra and purNRG.

Casting Crowns will not only be performing music from Peace on Earth, but also from their latest CD, The Altar and the Door. The two latest singles from the group, "Slow Fade" and "East to West" have been playing nonstop on Houston’s own KSBJ, and both show no sign of fading any time soon.

One of the many groups joining Casting Crowns on the stage this year will be Avalon. Avalon is known for the popular "Testify to Love."

Also joining the line up is Michael English. His latest release, The Prodigal Comes Home, has received rave reviews from artists and fans alike and will be a man to watch in the coming months.

purNRG, a triple threat of young girls, is a newcomer on the Christian music scene. Not much is known about them now, but we will learn about them as their music develops.

Christian music has seemed to take center stage in Houston when it comes to the holidays. Not only will fans be given an opportunity to see Casting Crowns, but Toby Mac will also be at the Toyota Center on Dec. 12 for his "Winter Wonder Slam" tour also featuring popular rock band, Relient K.

If you are looking for Christmas spirit and a fun way to relax during the holiday madness, then look no farther than the Berry Center, and let Casting Crowns serenade you with the sounds of Christmas as well as radio favorites.