Hate the player and the game

If you’ve ever been in a dating situation and you’re unsure whether your sweetheart is interested in you or not, you know what incertitude feels like. However, it could be that they are just horrible at communicating their interest — or maybe they’re just not that into you.

Now, if your friends tell you to steer clear of that person because they think he or she is just toying with you, you might want to listen to what they have to say.

If your beau is only interested when you don’t show them affection, they might be playing you. Say, for example, that they beg for your attention and flirt with you and then blow the whistle on the whole relationship, that’s a definite sign that you’re being toyed with.

Furthermore, if you’re only hearing from them while they’re intoxicated and you never actually hear from them when they’re sober, they’re probably looking for something that doesn’t fall under the ‘relationship’ category.

If you find that you’re always the first one to send a text message, make a phone call or coordinate plans, they might not be as interested in you as you think.

Another variation of this is if they only come around when they need something. If you possess a specific talent that’s of some good use to them and they only call you when they need a favor, they’re probably not looking to date you, but use your services instead. It’s important to be able to recognize when your significant other is doing this to you and save yourself time and energy by not bending over backwards to accomodate them.

The biggest sign that your significant other isn’t interested in you in the way that you’d like is if there’s no dating involved. If they have yet to ask you out on a one-on-one, actual dinner-and-a-movie date, they might not be so into you after all.

Granted, finances can become a big factor in a dating situation, but if they avoid spending time alone with you and have never asked you to hang out if it’s just going to be the two of you, that’s almost like a neon sign telling you that you should abort that mission as soon as you can.

Now, as the old adage goes, hindsight is 20-20. If you’re under the grasp of a player, you’re probably not going to realize it until long after things between you two have ended; however, if your friends keep noticing red flags that you’re completely unaware of, it would be smart to at least give their opinion a little bit of weight.

Most importantly, if you have a little voice in the back of your head telling you to think twice about your sweetie, you might want to do so as quickly as you can.