Commentary

Editor’s note

Joshua Siegel

Joshua Siegel

My goal for the sports section for the fall is to provide fair and comprehensive coverage of all sports at UH.

I want to give my readers a page that looks great and informs them of what is going on in the world of UH athletics. I hope to provide more than just box scores and provide readers with game stories, analysis, profiles and columns that give readers the information they need to know and the stories that they cannot find anywhere else.

I want my readers to be informed of all of the stats and important information, but also about who our student-athletes and coaches are as people.

Another wish of mine for the section is to expand the sports section’s coverage into other types of media.

I want to provide news on our website when it breaks and update the events as they develop. I want The Daily Cougar website to become a top source for news on UH athletics.

This semester we will also be expanding our pregame coverage with a separate publication and podcast called “Overtime.”

The publication will be available to fans during tailgating at Robertson Stadium before home games.

The podcast will run on Wednesdays and will offer an inside look at the important events and games of the week.

The purpose of the sports section is to provide the best coverage of the Cougars.

I am not a cheerleader, and it is not the responsibility of The Daily Cougar to cover the Astros, Dynamo, Rockets or Texans

It is a great time to be a Cougar and be a part of this University; it has not always been this way.

This year is the 10 year anniversary of UH’s winless football season. The athletics program has made great strides due to the incredible athletes, coaches and administration in place. I want you to learn their stories.