Horoscope: See what this week holds in store for you

Jupiter turns retrograde this week, signifying time to spend doing the opposite of usual. Consider spending half of your social time doing volunteer work. Be warned that astrologers believe this retrograde will trigger what they see ahead in the 2012 Mayan calendar: Mother Earth might really start rebelling. Perhaps internal contemplation on how we treat our planet could be of use to us all.

Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sept. 22)

This is your time! You were born at the harvest, the end of summer, with preparation and detailed organization all around you. The return to this time of year brings your considerable skills to their height. Your powers are best employed now in lists, handiwork, and professional communications. Happy birthdays.

Leo (July 23 – Aug. 22)

Look ahead to the new astrological year. Make plans and set expectations for yourself in work and school. If the flame is a little low, now is also the time to get out and make some romantic sparks.

Libra (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22)

Your ruling planet is hovering in the discerning sign of Virgo. Be aware that while it is nice to be nice, consider tipping the scales and sharing your verdict when it leans to one side or the other.

Scorpio (Oct. 23 – Nov. 21)

Work on concrete aspects of life in the material realm. View difficulties as lessons and meet challenges head on. Get to work in all physical ways, and remember not to be too hard on yourself.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 21)

You might feel a bit weighed down. Use this time to contemplate what is working, and what needs improvement. Then get creative within your restrictions, and move the immovable.

Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19)

The impressive depths of your contemplation can aid others in their own day-to-day worries. Be of good counsel, and be fair in your judgments.

Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18)

You’re fueling a fire this week. Marvel those around you with quick wit and the brilliance of your intellect. Wage war on the day, forge new paths, and light the way!

Pisces (Feb. 19 – March 20)

Use your gift of sensitivity to enlighten those around you by being brave and expressing tenderness verbally.

Aries (March 21 – April 19)

Your fiery warrior self might be a little damp from the emotional marsh. Accept the dampened flame by becoming a mesmerizing water-feature with fire afloat in the center.

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

Your tendency this week is probably to be a little persnickety in love matters. It is wise to be discerning, but choose your words wisely.

Gemini (May 21 – June 21)

Be a bit showy with your “dark twin” this week and share the side of yourself that acts a little like a circus performer in your head. You’ll enjoy the attention it earns you.

Cancer (June 22 – July 22)

Now is the time to be the center of attention. Break out of the shell and share your pride in your emotions. Delight in the social triumph.