What the stars say for this week

This week will be one of empowerment and opportunities in work, relationships and other intellectual pursuits. The moon’s alliance with Neptune may also spark a surge of artistic dexterity and creativity. | Photos.com

We’re still in Virgo this week, where the Sun and Venus are occupying the same sign. Perhaps it’s time for a birthday breakthrough, where these energies can open the possibility for new romance, or the opportunity to take a quiet flame into new territory. Don’t be shy, Virgos — it’s your birthday, after all.

Leo has Mercury occupying its fiery space at the moment, where communications and expression can take center-stage and be a source of pride and success in their world this week.

Libra is set in a trench right now, where big lessons and a lot of work make serious self-improvement possible with some attention and focus right now. Saturn is like a stern but careful tutor, encouraging you to improve yourself because you can.

Scorpio is unoccupied at the moment, leaving a pleasant opportunity for reflection without an emotional or overly critical influence. Now is a good time to take a look at a blank slate and set goals with the long-term future in mind.

Sagittarius is carrying the Moon, who is on her way to full next week. It could be that this is a good time to consider what the Moon means, in how the change of time is reflected in her cycle, but that she always returns. We should all have a place to come back to.

Capricorn carries Pluto at the moment, where the planet of revolution and change enters the house of the old Devil, teaching us the hard lessons. Perhaps it’s a good time to consider what needs changing during this long stay with the Sea-goat.

Aquarius has been hosting Neptune for the last thirteen years, and their partnership is nearing a close. The concepts of world-consciousness, community awareness, broad-mindedness and other hippie ideas are directly related to Aquarius at this time.

Pisces, the twin fish, currently host the little-known asteroid called Chiron. Chiron is a reminder of needed improvements, like overdue apologies. Consider what Chiron is saying deep in our emotional consciences.

Broad-minded and challenging Uranus is in Aries right now. This is the time to spearhead change and renovation on outdated concepts that need new life if they are going to survive this trying time. Be the change.

Taurus is bearing the giant planet Jupiter, allowing for a slow and leisurely contemplation of the pleasurable, dreamy side of life. Enjoy the time, either in beautifying your environment or relaxing in your bathrobe with a glass of port.

Gemini has its hands free to do what it desires right now with an empty sign, and therefore has every opportunity to bring on new friendships, relationships or jobs. The lack of a planet in this sign means fresh perspective on new beginnings.

Cancer is all chatty this week. Feel free to express what it’s like to hold Mercury, planet of communication and travel, in your area of expertise: family. Perhaps take a tour of family photos, or have dinner with a sibling or write a letter to your mother.