Welcome back, Cat

UH kicks off the semester with “Cat’s Back: Spring 2013,” hosted by the Division of Student Affairs’ Student Life organization, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in and around the University Center.

The celebration aims to connect students with various student organizations and programs on campus by highlighting them in the Student Organizations Fair, which offers participating students free food, activities and an opportunity to win prizes.

Taco Cabana is providing free food and refreshments in the Bluebonnet Room.

The fair is located in the Houston Room, with representatives for campus organizations on hand to meet with fellow students to talk about getting involved.

The activities offered include the Council of Ethnic Organizations’ “Name Art,” taking place on the center stage of the Houston Room.

At the UC Circle Drive, students can compete in a Wii dance off, provided by Dance On, play Giant Jenga and Connect Four with Student Government Association representatives and visit the Student Program Board’s Amazon.com “Fun Zone.”

The prizes for participating in the fair include an iPad mini, a movie and dinner gift card pack, a suite that seats 16 people at a UH basketball game, a Starbucks Coffee Company gift pack and a UH Bookstore gift pack that includes school supplies and a Barnes & Noble gift card.

Students are encouraged to attend this fun, community-building event to become more involved on campus.