Crime log: Feb. 25 to Monday

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Feb. 25 and Monday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHDPS at (713) 743-3333.

Aggravated kidnapping – At 7:56 p.m. Feb. 25 at the East Parking Garage, a student was kidnapped, and the student’s non-UH affiliated ex-boyfriend was arrested for the offense and transported to Harris County Jail. The case is cleared by arrest.

Theft — At 1:03 p.m. Feb. 26 at the Cullen College of Engineering 2 building, a student reported the theft of his secured and unattended bicycle. The case is inactive.

Theft — At 2:27 p.m. Feb. 26 in Parking Lot 1D, a staff member reported an unknown individual or individuals stole an unattended and unsecured golf cart. The case is inactive.

Theft — At 12:52 p.m. Wednesday at the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture, a faculty member reported the theft of his unattended and unsecured laptop. The case is inactive.

Theft — At 4:10 p.m. Wednesday at the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture, a student reported the contents of his unattended and unsecured wallet were stolen. The case is inactive.

Traffic offense — At 2:45 p.m. Thursday in Parking Lot 19C, a student reported a vehicle struck his unattended vehicle and the striking driver failed to leave the information required by Texas law. The case is active.

Criminal mischief/consumption of alcohol by a minor — At 2:25 a.m. Friday at Bayou Oaks Apartments, an underage student was arrested for alleged consumption of alcohol by a minor and was issued a Harris County citation on suspicion of criminal mischief. The student was transported to Harris County Jail. The case is cleared by citation.

Possession of marijuana/possession of drug paraphernalia – At 3:57 a.m. Friday at Cambridge Oaks Apartments, a visitor was arrested for alleged possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia and released to Harris County Jail. The case is cleared by arrest.

Disorderly conduct — At 8:39 p.m. Friday in Parking Lot 5A, a student and a UH visitor were arrested for alleged disorderly conduct following a public fight. Both were released to Harris County Jail, and the student received a Student Life referral. The case is cleared by arrest.

Criminal mischief — At 11:38 p.m. Friday at the Rebecca & John J. Moores School of Music, an unknown individual dispersed the contents of a fire extinguisher in the basement. The case is inactive.