Uncategorized

Calendar: Monday to Wednesday

Monday

Giving: Students, faculty and staff are invited to donate spare change to fund student scholarships at the Philanthro-PIG Drop, held from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the UC Satellite.

Homecoming: Homecoming week kicks off with the Cougar Dolls, band and cheerleaders at the Homecoming Kickoff Pep Rally, held at noon at Lynn Eusan Park.

Panel: The panel discussion “Women’s Activism Then and Now,” part of the Barbara Karkabi Living Archives Series, will host a discussion with several Houston-area women, such as Poppy Northcutt and Rep. Senfronia Thompson, to be videotaped and collected in the Women’s Archive. The event will be held at the Rockwell Pavilion from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library. Tickets are free to students and members of the Friends of Women’s Studies and are $10 to the general public.

Lecture: The Women’s Resource Center presents “Welcome to the New Age: A HPV and Sexual Health Awareness Event” from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Moody Commons.

Tuesday

Art: The Blaffer Art Museum presents “Feast: Radical Hospitality in Contemporary Art” from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.

Festival: The Bauer Registration Festival will give students the opportunity to register for their major and courses for the spring semester from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Melcher Hall Back Drum.

Homecoming: Students are invited to rub the Cougar paw and get free photos and memorabilia at Go Coogs Day at 4 p.m. at Lynn Eusan Park.

Lecture: The Distinguished Leader Series: “Land Management and Being a Landman,” hosted by the Bauer College of Business, will hold its first session of the semester as it gives students, alumni, faculty and community members exposure to the energy industry’s business leaders. The event is free and will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Cemo Hall of Stubblefield Auditorium.

Wednesday

Homecoming: Student organizations will be showing off their skits and dances to celebrate Homecoming Week at the Strut Your Stuff event at 7 p.m. at the Cullen Performance Hall. Those who attend the Homecoming Kickoff Pep Rally, Go Coogs Day and Strut Your Stuff have the chance to win a rare Cougar Card.

Meeting: The Faculty Senate will be holding a meeting from noon to 2 p.m. at the Rockwell Pavilion of the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library.

Meeting: The Student Government Association will be holding their senate meeting, held every other week, from 7:30 to 10 p.m. at the Rockwell Pavilion of the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library.