Uncategorized

Crime log: Nov. 4 to Sunday

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Nov. 4 and Sunday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UH DPS at (713)-743-3333.

Theft/Credit or Debit Card Abuse: A student reported her unattended and unsecured credit cards were stolen and unauthorized transactions were made. The incident occurred between 3 and 5:20 p.m. Nov. 4 at Cougar Village. The case is active.

Theft: A student reported that someone stole her unattended and secured bicycle. The incident occurred between 9 p.m. Nov. 4 and 11:45 a.m. Nov. 5 at the Wortham Theater. The case is active, pending new information.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A student reported burglary of his secured and unattended motor vehicle. The incident occurred between 10:30 a.m. Nov. 5 and 3:17 a.m. Wednesday in Lot 16D. The case is inactive.

Fraudulent Use of Identifying Information: The IT department reported unauthorized activity conducted on two employees’ PeopleSoft accounts. The incidents occurred at 9:45 a.m. Wednesday. The case is active.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A UHPD security officer located an unattended and unsecured vehicle that had been burglarized. The incident occurred between 5 p.m. Nov. 5 and 10:40 a.m. Wednesday in Lot 16D. The case is active, pending new information.

Possession of Drug Paraphernalia: A student reported three other students smoking marijuana between Law and Oberholtzer Residence Halls. One student received a Harris County citation for possession of drug paraphernalia. All three received student life referrals. The incident occurred at 8:28 p.m. Wednesday. The case is cleared by citation.

Disorderly Conduct/Assault: A visitor was issued a Harris County citation for disorderly conduct and simple assault after causing a disturbance at Oberholtzer Hall. The incident occurred between 9:25 p.m. and midnight Wednesday. The case is cleared by citation.

Criminal Trespass: A non-affiliated individual was panhandling around the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture. The suspect was arrested for criminal trespass and released to Harris County Jail. The incident occurred at 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. The case is cleared by arrest.

Burglary of a Building or Habitation: A staff member reported the burglary of her secured office at the Energy Research Park. The incident occurred at 2:30 p.m. Nov. 1 on the first floor of the Energy Research Park Building 19, but was reported Thursday. The case is active, pending new information.

Criminal Mischief: A student reported damage to her unattended parked vehicle. Upon investigation, it was observed that the vehicle’s window was smashed in. The incident occurred between 3:19 and 3:28 p.m. Wednesday in Lot 9C. The case is active, pending new information.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A student reported his parked and unattended vehicle was burglarized. The incident occurred between midnight Nov. 2 and 9:40 p.m. Thursday in Lot 4A. The case is active, pending new information.