Events

Pakistan show offers taste of cultural traditions

The Pakistan Student Association plans to help remind students about the deep roots of Pakistani culture.

PSA will host a show packed with skits, dancing, singing and comedy along with a fashion show from 7 to 10 p.m. Friday at Cullen Performance Hall.

PSAGuestStars

The Pakistan Student Association is showcasing its culture with skits, dances and songs. Guest stars Ammar MãsooÐ and Amjad Syed are known for their Vine videos and will provide comedy in the evening. | Courtesy of Mitch Cohe

This year’s performances depict Pakistan’s beginning, transition and how it is seen today while showing the four main provinces, its culture and traditions.

“In this day and age, it has become increasingly difficult, especially for youth, to stay connected to the roots of their culture,” said supply chain freshman and PSA event coordinator Sindhia Khowaja.

“The hardest part is keeping a balance between your culture’s core value and assimilating yourself into mainstream American culture.”

The night will consist of comedy skits by UH students and Pakistani Vines superstars Ammar MãsooÐ and Amjad Syed, Pakistani culture dances and a fashion show.

Two of the DhoomBros, Shehryaar Asif and Hussain Asif, will host the PSA show.

The DhoomBros are a group of four brothers that can dance, act, sing and DJ and are known nationally for their talents.

The brothers became famous for their YouTube videos such as “Dolly Aunty,” “Blessing of Ramdan” and “The Perfect Money.”

Students will get a chance to meet and greet with the DhoomBros after the show.

“The purpose of this show is to strive for accurate knowledge of Pakistani traditions and culture throughout our diverse student body in UH,” said chemistry sophomore and PSA president Irfan Syed.