Spring Finals Edition

Mixing up down-time options

Taking a few breaks and giving your brain some much-needed downtime is essential during finals season. If you’re feeling up to a little more than just watching another episode on Netflix, here are some options for getting out and about on campus when break-time rolls around.

May 6-10, 12 – Kneehigh’s Production of “Tristan and Yseult” at UH’s Alley Theatre

British production company Kneehigh will host the play “Tristan and Yseult” in a series of shows at the Alley Theater. The play centers around a comedic portrayal of love triangles while incorporating a more serious take on the pain of forbidden desires. The first show will be at 7:30 p.m. tonight, with shows following at 8 p.m. May 7-8, 2:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. on May 9 and 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on May 10. The last show will be at 7:30 p.m. on May 12.

May 7-9 – Blaffer Art Museum

The annual School of Art Student Exhibition features works by undergrad seniors as well as first and second-year graduate art students. Come support the artistic efforts of fellow Cougars by browsing through the art projects and taking advantage of the free exhibit admission.

May 12 – UH Baseball vs. Rice

The Cougars and the Owls will square off at Constellation Field in Sugarland in the third matchup of the season. Houston and Rice have split the season series 1-1. The matchup is set for a 6:30 p.m.

May 4-7 – Paws and Relax 

With the stress of finals piling up, Paws and Relax brings therapy dogs to the M.D. Anderson Library to give weary students a chance to unwind by petting, feeding or cuddling dogs. This event is brought to campus by Faithful Paws, a volunteer organization dedicated to sharing the furry joy of therapy dogs.

May 11 – Geeks Who Drink, Trivia and Bingo at Calhoun’s Rooftop Bar & Grill 

Grab a group of friends and head over to  Calhoun’s Rooftop Bar and Grill for a night of trivia and drinks. Whether you win or not, you’re sure to have a good time over a few cocktails and some mind-bending questions. The festivities start at 7 p.m., but with the various food and drink options offered, showing up early to grab some dinner is never a bad idea.