Web lessons help with homemade creations

Students who favor crafts are not limited to their imagination and materials thanks to ideas and instructions on the Internet. Tutorials are excellent resources for creative minds.

Streaming for do-it-yourselfers
YouTube has many videos showcasing ingenuity and know-how.

Art lovers who enjoy video lessons can also access sites like eHow, WonderHowTo and Howcast to find other sources of crafting that jumpstart the imagination.

Instructables.com demonstrates offbeat crafts
Instructables.com features several projects for the intrepid crafter. Information is available on a range of subjects, including how to make the most of Altoids tins.

The teaching format varies depending on the poster, but most of the tutorials are presented in slideshows.

Bloggers contribute their knowledge
Forum-hoppers and bloggers can access solid crafting instruction on LiveJournal and Blogspot.

The content varies according to the specialty of the writer. Most ‘how-to’ blogs feature a picture of the finished product accompanied by a description of how to create the project.

Craftster.org showcases community members’ patterns, recipes and creations from multiple categories, including knitting and sewing. Articles are also available for a variety of creating projects.

Go to Google
Should artistic types desire a specific idea, they can always turn to Yahoo, Google, MSN or other search engines for inspiration.

What to do with Altoids cans
Like Instructables.com, the Web site Lifehacker features fun alternatives for empty Altoids tins.

Craft lovers can use these sturdy, pocket-sized tins to hold cash, loose change, business cards and quick-fix sewing supplies such as miniature scissors, buttons and thread.

As the holidays approach, crafters can add a unique touch to their gifts by decorating a tin with paper, paint and other supplies.