Horoscope: Librans usher in balance this week

Libra (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22)

Mercury and Saturn are transiting your sign right now. This is a good time to talk about work and current endeavors, as well as to communicate initiative to superiors or professors. Also, happy birthday, Libra.

Scorpio (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22)

The planet Venus is in your sign right now, so take advantage of the dreamy-eyed nature of your romantic interest and ask them out on a date, but be careful not to hide who you are in order to score.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 21)

With the Moon’s North Node in your sign right now, things might feel a little strange. Essentially, this is opposite where it wants to be, and therefore your emotions, your love life and your sleep patterns are likely to be out of sync this week.

Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19)

The upset of the Occupy Wall Street protests will concern you deeply right now — you may or may not want the whole world order to change. Consider your motives in all things.

Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18)

If the Age of Aquarius began with the onset of the digital era, then Steve Jobs is owed a moment of silence from us all: The demonstrations and protests going on right now, in your time, are possible because of his concept of the personal computer. Let’s keep his vision of pure information moving forward.

Pisces (Feb. 19 – March 20)

The moon is leaving your sign early Monday morning and might clear up some space for logical thought after an emotional time where memories were ruling your thoughts.

Aries (March 21 – April 19)

Uranus is retrograde, or moving backwards, in your sign right now. It’s not the best time to try new projects or relationships. Consider reviewing yourself and your goals, and be open to change.

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

This time is all about serious expansion, but Venus is opposing that right now. This could create some interesting flavors in your love life — perhaps just the right amount of tension to get a fire started.

Gemini (May 21 – June 21)

Your ruling planet is in the sign of the Libran birthday boys and girls right now. You will find harmony and balance in communications with your love life this week. It is a good time to open up to that other person and resolve issues harmoniously.

Cancer (June 22 – July 22)

The moon will be full tomorrow. Be aware of interactions between yourself and others, knowing that you’re more likely to be protective of yourself. Self-interest can be beneficial, but remember that others rely on you for emotional support.

Leo (July 23 – Aug. 22)

Mars is still in your sign, so there’s a lot of fire lately, metaphorically and otherwise. Be careful not to burn others, or get burned yourself in your haste. Consider yourself a magnifying glass with the sun shining right through it.

Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sept. 22)

This is the perfect time to spend your evenings at home with a close friend; plan to prepare meals for family and friends this week or work on those eagerly-anticipated scarves you’re knitting for everyone.