Astrology

Sarah Nielsen consults the stars as we enter into the Year of the Dragon

Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18):

Happy birthday, darlings. While I write, your reigning figure teases us with the rain so characteristic of this time of year. Let’s look forward to great possibilities in the lunar new year of the Dragon that began when the sun and moon entered your sign over the weekend.

Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20): 

Venus is in your sign right now. Take the chance and open up about your romantic feelings before Valentine’s Day. The person you’re trying to reach might understand what you want to say better in an old-fashioned letter rather than a phone call.

Aries (March 21-April 19): 

Your sign’s ruler, Mars, God of War, is about to throw a giant hissy fit next week in Virgo’s sign. Watch out for some serious temper tantrums, frustrations in work and communication coupled with some serious roadblocks.

Taurus (April 20-May 20): 

We’ve got Mars, Mercury and Pluto creating nice angles to Jupiter right now. Perfect. Right in your sign. Take the opportunity to get some creative and expansionist thinking done with these helpful aspects.

Gemini (May 21-June 20): 

My dad’s a Gemini, and we were hanging out recently. He had two cell phones, one in each hand, and he was doing something on each phone while holding a conversation. Consider how you can improve your communication methods. Remember, always chose quality over quantity.

Cancer (June 21-July 22): 

The Moon is your ruling celestial being, and right now she’s in the gregarious sign of Aquarius. Take the moment to have a really good social experience outside of your comfort zone.

Leo (July 23-Aug. 22): 

You’re in the free and clear at the moment. I recommend taking an unbiased moment and reflecting on how you’re going to get through this Mars-retrograde hissy fit that’s on its way. Bolster your defenses.

Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): 

Like I’ve been telling everyone else, Mars is about to turn retrograde in your sign and he’ll stay that way, frustrating communication and making political tact impossible until April. Work on breathing deeply while you can.

Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): 

Saturn’s in your sign for the long haul, and while this can really feel like you’re being caned by nuns, this is the opportunity to buckle down and garner some utilities you’ll be grateful you earned.

Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): 

Venus, planet of love, and Chiron, the wounded healer, are together creating trines to your sign right now. And because there aren’t any planets in your sign right now, this is a good time to look at love, hurt and take a moment to heal.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): 

You centaurs have the perfect opportunity to look objectively at what you want in the coming weeks and months, particularly as Valentine’s approaches, when you can woo whomever you choose.

Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): 

My favorite sea-goats, mythological beings of great stamina and good mystery, Pluto and Mercury are in your sign and call on you to express the unspoken sides of your personality that sometimes just need to revel in the human side of life.